Friday, April 27, 2007

Tips for the Incoming Class...

Well, as you're reading this, you've probably just been told to get online and create a blog of your own on which you'll need to write a post about yourself. The post should be detailed so that your fellow classmates will be able to get to know you and be able to decide who they think that they'll work best with in a group setting. Am I right? Is that what you're doing? Checking out what I wrote this semester so you'll have an idea as to how your posts should sound? No problem ... that's what I did too. :)

Anyway, I'm sure you've also gone over the syllabus for the semester and seen that you have a lot of work to do: portfolios, mock interviews, presentations, proposals, etc. I'm not going to lie to you; it is actually a lot of stuff that you'll have to do, BUT Angie is a great teacher, and she'll help you get it all done. There were actually a couple of times this semester that I felt really overwhelmed by all of the stuff that I had to do, but it all turned out well. Everything ended up coming together nicely.

One tip that I have for you guys is to be open about the stuff that you're having to do. Instead of getting a little frazzled because it is a lot of stuff, just think about the fact that you're actually getting real business practice out of it. Also, if you do something similar to what we did this semester, you'll be helping out a real client, which is always great. This semester, we were able to really help the Anderson Sunshine House by making a website for them. (If you want to check it out, you can find it at ). Needless to say, now that I am finishing the semester, I have a real sense of accomplishment. You'll be feeling that, too, come Christmastime.

Anyway, I hope that your semester is excellent and that you do well!!!!

No comments: